Submissions are invited for Contributed Talks and Poster Presentations for the Australian and New Zealand Conference on Optics and Photonics (ANZCOP 2015) which is being held in Adelaide, South Australia from 30 November to 3 December 2015.
ANZCOP 2015 integrates the Australian Conference on Optics, Lasers and Spectroscopy (ACOLS) and the 40th Australian Conference on Optical Fibre Technology (ACOFT).
The ACOFT 2015 Program Committee solicits 3 – 4 page papers reporting new research findings in any area of Guided Wave Photonics. This may include fundamental or applied photonics, or applications of photonic technologies to industry related needs.
The ACOLS 2015 Program Committee solicits 1 page abstracts reporting on areas covering the listed themes below.
Please note that all presenters (Oral and Poster) must register for the Conference and pay the appropriate registration fee by 16 October, 2015.
Please see below for a list of key dates of ANZCOP 2015:
Call for submissions open
1 July 2015
Registration for ANZCOP 2015 open
7 August 2015
Call for submissions close
EXTENDED TO 14 SEPTEMBER 2015
Authors notified on accepted submissions
EXTENDED TO 16 OCTOBER 2015
Early Bird registration close
Deadline for presenting authors to register
EXTENDED TO 30 OCTOBER 2015
30 November to 3 December 2015
To keep up-to-date with the current conference news, please make sure you register your interest here.
ANZCOP 2015 seeks submissions that are relevant to the following themes. These themes are broad and inclusive and may assist with directing your submission.
Note that submissions in related ACOLS and ACOFT topics may be combined into a single conference session as deemed appropriate by the Organising Committee
The following topic lists should help authors guide their submissions.
Australian Conference on Lasers and Spectroscopy (ACOLS)
- Nonlinear Optics
- Atom Optics
- Quantum Optics
- New Materials and Plasmonics
- Optical Sensing (including interferometry, LIDAR, DIAL)
- Microscopy, Spectroscopy and Imaging
- Instrumentation and Metrology
Australian Conference on Optical Fibre Technology (ACOFT)
- Optical Fibre Sensors
- Optical Networks and Networking
- Optical Telecommunications systems
- Broadband Access Networks
- Optical Switching and Routing
- Fibre Design
- Microstructure fibres and waveguides
- Femtosecond direct writing
- 3D waveguiding structures
- Novel Optical Materials
- Photosensitivity and fibre gratings
- Active and Passive Optical Devices
- Fibre nonlinearities
- Silicon photonics
- Sub-wavelength optics
- Single photon devices
- Quantum communications
Please see below for a list of submission requirements for ANZCOP 2015
- Submissions must be sent in PDF format and must be prepared using the appropriate MS Word template.
- ACOLS Abstracts must be typed on A4 paper size and should be 1 page in length.
- ACOFT Papers must be typed on A4 paper size and should be between 3-4 pages in length
- Authors must not reduce font sizes or margin sizes to meet the page limit.
- Authors should not recycle old conference abstracts/papers as templates.
- Please ensure all text/diagrams fit within the template.
- Please proofread the final document thoroughly before submitting it to the Conference.
Presentations can be one of either the following types:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
Oral presentations will be or 15 minutes in length including introduction and question time and the accepted speaker will need to allow for this. Exceptional papers may be given an invited paper slot in which case they will be 30 minutes in length including introduction and question time.
Poster Presenters are required to stand by their posters to discuss their work with interested delegates during their allocated poster session.
All papers need to be submitted via the Presentation Portal.
Once an account has been created, you will be able to make submissions via the Upload Submission area of the site. Here you will be asked to supply the following:
- Your submission title and presentation type
- The Conference theme that your submission covers
- Authors and affiliations
- Upload submission document (you will be instructed to browse your computer and upload your submission as a PDF document)
- Eligibility for a student prize
Please note that you will not be able to make edits to your submission once it has been submitted. It is best to save as a DRAFT until you are ready to submit.
Submissions will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- Relevance to Conference Theme/s
- Originality & Interest
- Structure & Clarity
- Scientific Validity
- Potential Significance
Following the review of submissions, authors will be notified via email of their acceptance not later than 16 October 2015 (extended).
Terms and Conditions
The lodgement of a submission does not indicate automatic inclusion in the Conference program.
Paper/Abstract receipt and acceptance will be acknowledged to the person submitting.
Further communication will be with the submitting author only unless otherwise directed.
Papers/Abstracts must adhere to the Submission Requirements be submitted before the call for submissions close.
In making a submission to ANZCOP 2015, authors are required to assign copyright ownership of the submitted work. The copyright form must be signed by one of the authors. Copyright forms will be available when authors are notified of acceptance.
Accepted Submission Requirements
Each paper/abstract must have at least one author registered by the Early Bird closing date of 16 October 2015. The author must register and be at the Conference to present the submission either orally or by poster presentation. Papers/Abstracts which do not meet these requirements will be withdrawn from the Conference proceedings.
Please note that all Conference costs, including registration fees, must be met from your own resources.