The call for draft papers for Radar 2013 is now closed.
Please click HERE to access the Online Paper Submission Portal.
All papers are to be submitted electronically in accordance with the guidelines below.
Authors may submit a maximum of 3 papers, but the Organising Committee reserves the right not to accept all of these if there are insufficient spaces available on the program.
Authors with accepted papers must register and pay to attend the conference prior to the cut off of early bird registration, 26 July 2013, to ensure their place in the program.
Key Submission Dates
|October 2012||Online submission opens|
|28 February 2013||Online submission closes|
|3 May 2013||Authors notified of acceptance|
|21 June 2013||Final paper submission date|
|26 July 2013||Author registration deadline|
Paper Submission Guidelines
- The paper submission is a two step process; first a draft paper is submitted for review, then, if accepted, a final PDF version which is compliant with IEEE PDF eXpress® will need to be submitted and a copyright form completed.
- The lodgement of this paper does not indicate automatic inclusion in the conference program.
- Paper receipt and acceptance will be acknowledged to the person submitting the paper.
- Further communication will be with the submitting author only unless otherwise directed.
- Check spelling and grammar thoroughly.
- Check adherence to 'Submitted paper requirements' below.
- Once you have created your individual Speaker Portal via the link on this website, please select the "Submit New Paper" link and follow the prompts to upload your paper.
- You will be instructed to browse your computer and upload your paper as a PDF document.
- The Speaker Portal will allow authors who have submitted a paper to review and/or update their paper at a later date.
Please click HERE to view the Submission Portal Instructions.
Submitted paper requirements
- Draft full papers are required for all submissions.
- Papers must be submitted in PDF format.
- Papers must be prepared using one of the MS Word or LaTeX paper templates provided.
Please click here to download the MS word template.
Please click here to download the LaTeX template.
- A4 paper size is required not US Letter.
- Papers should not exceed six sides of A4 paper.
- Authors must not reduce font sizes or margin sizes to meet the page limit.
- Authors should not recycle old conference papers as templates.
- Please ensure all text / diagrams fit within the template.
- When inserting special characters in text use the ‘Insert Symbol’ function from the top menu.
- Please proofread the final PDF before submitting it to the conference.
Please indicate if you wish for your paper to be accepted as an 'Oral Presentation' or displayed as a 'Poster'. Please note it is at the Committee's discretion which papers are accepted for Oral Presentation.
Following the review of papers, authors will be notified via email of their paper acceptance not later than 3 May 2013. Successful authors will be invited to submit a final version of their full paper and present their work either orally or as a poster display at Radar 2013.
Accepted paper requirements
- Final full papers must be submitted by 21 June 2013.
- Final version of papers will need to be compatible with IEEE PDF eXpress®. Details on how to do this will be made available once your paper has been accepted.
- Each paper must have at least one author registered by the earlybird registration closing date, 26 July 2013.
- The author must register and be at the conference to present the submission either orally or by poster presentation and can present a maxiumum of 3 papers.
- Papers which do not meet these requirements will be withdrawn from the conference proceedings.
- Please note that all conference costs, including registration fees, must be met from your own resources.
Radar 2013 is co-sponsored by IEEE and it is intended that the proceedings will be published on IEEE Explore®. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g. removal from IEEE Explore) if the paper is not presented at the conference.
IEEE PDF eXpress
Once any corrections have been made to your paper and a final version has been prepared, it needs to be checked for compatibility with IEEE Xplore®. This can be done using IEEE PDF eXpress® website by following the instructions below. IEEE PDF eXpress® is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore®-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore® compatibility (PDF Check function). The final converted/checked PDF will be emailed back to you, so make sure the email address you provide is correct. Once you receive the converted/checked PDF, it should be submitted to the Radar2013 website as per the instructions below. In preparing your final paper, you are reminded to check the guidelines and requirements above.
The PDF eXpress® website is maintained via 24 hour online help (PDFSupport@ieee.org). Instructions for using the website are as follows:
- Go to the PDF eXpress website – www.pdf-express.org and login
1.1. First time user
Click ‘New Users – Click here” Enter Radar2013x for the Conference ID, your email address, and choose a new password. Continue to enter information as prompted. Check that the contact information is still valid and click “Submit”.
1.2. Previous users, but using it the first time for a new conference
Enter Radar2013x for the Conference ID, your email address and enter the password you used for you old account (If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot your password?” link and it will be emailed to you). When you click “Login”, you’ll receive an error saying you need to set up an account. Simply click “Continue”. By entering your previously used email address and password combination you will enable you old account for access to this new conference. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup
1.3. Returning user
Enter Radar2013x for the Conference ID, email address and password.
- For each conference paper, click "Create New Title".
- Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required).
- Click “Submit PDF for Checking” or “Submit Source Files for Conversion”.
- Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click “Upload File”. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
- You will receive an email with you Checked PDF or IEEE PF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if you file passed or failed.
If the PDF submitted fails the PDF check, your options are:
- Submit your source file for conversion by clicking “Try again”, then “Submit Source Files for Conversion”.
- Read the PDF Check report, then click “The PDF Check Report” in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions.
- “Request Technical Help” through your account.
- Resubmit your source file with corrections (“Try Again”, the “Submit Source Files for Conversion”).
- Submit a PDF by clicking “Try again” the “Submit PDF for Checking”.
- “Request a Manual Conversion” through your account.
If the PDF submitted passed the PDF Check, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF:
- Submit your IEEE Xplore compatible PDF to the Radar 2013 Speaker portal by clicking here.
- Go to the “View Submitted Abstracts” tab along the top and click “Upload Full Paper”.
In submitting a paper to Radar 2013, authors are required to assign copyright ownership of the submitted work. The copyright form must be signed by one of the authors.
Please click here to download the copyright form in Microsoft Word format.
Please click here to dowload the copyright form in PDF format.
The IEEE copyright form should be downloaded, printed, signed and returned to:
All Occasions Group - Radar 2013
41 Anderson St,
THEBARTON, SA, 5031
Fax: +61 8 8125 2233
Authors must fill in :
- The paper title
- Complete list of authors
- IEEE conference title (Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Radar)
- Sign and date
- Write their paper ID number on top of the form (the paper ID number is given next to the paper in the Radar 2013 Speaker portal)
Authors should take care to read the instructions on the form closely to ensure it is completed correctly. Authors must sign either:
- section (1) only, for most papers
- section (1) and (2) only, for papers by US-Government employees
- section (1) and (3) only, for papers by Crown Government employees (UK, CAN, Aus)