Advances in Instrumentation
- Dr Nestor Zaluzec- Argonne National Laboratory, Electron Microscopy Center, NanoScience & Technology Division, Argonne, Illinois
- Assoc Prof Brian Goreman- Dr. Brian P. Gorman Associate Professor, Colorado Center for Advanced Ceramics, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Colorado School of Mines
- Professor Rob Parton- Laboratory Head, Molecular Cell Biology Division, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland
- Dr Jeanette Killius- Instructor, Lab Coordinator Dept. of Anatomy & Neurobiology, Northeastern Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) Rootstown, OH USA
- Dr. Jason Mackenzie- Senior Lecturer , Faculty of Science, Technology and Engineering, School of Life Sciences Department of Microbiology, Latrobe University
- Dr. Nicholas Platcha- EMBL Australia Group Leader ARMI, Level 1, Building 75, Monash University
- Dr. Georg Ramm- Bio EM Facility, Monash Micro Imaging Membrane Biology Group, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University
- Dr. Andrew Leis- Research Scientist, Electron Tomography, Animal, Food & Health Sciences, CSIRO Animal Health Laboratory, Geelong VIC
- Vicki Lawson- Department of Pathology, University of Melbourne
- Dr. Will Huges- Senior Research Fellow; Group Leader Diabetes and Obesity Research Program and Director Molecular Imaging Facility, Garvan Institute of Medical Research.
- Assoc Prof. Nathon Pavlos- Orthopaedic Research Unit, The University of Western Australia
- Dr. Viola Oorschot- Monash University, VIC
- Dr. Sarah Ellis- Head Microscopy and Histology Core Facility,Peter MacCallum Cancer Center, Melbourne VIC
Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Prof. Bland- ARC Laureate Fellow Faculty of Science & Engineering, Western Australian School of Mines Department of Applied Geology , Curtin University WA
- Dr Paul Carpenter- Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
- Dr Mark Talbot- Microscopy Centre, CSIRO Plant Industry, Acton ACT.
- Prof. John Wheeler- Dept. Earth, Ocean and Ecological Sciences, School of Environmental Sciences, Liverpool University, Liverpool L69 3GP, U.K.
- Dr Ed Vicenzi- Smithsonian Institution, Museum Conservation Institute, MD USA
- Heather Lowers- US Geological Survey, Denver USA
- Prof Paul Midgley- Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy University of Cambridge, Cambridge , UK
- Dr Joseph R. Michael- Sandia National Laboratories Albuquerque, NM USA
- Prof Raynald Gauvin- Department of Materials Engineering, McGill University, Montréal, Québec, Canada
- Dr. Gert Nolze- BAM Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, Materials Engineering, Berlin, Germany
- Dr Tony Hughes- Chief Research Scientist, CSIRO
- Dr Silvia Richter- Central Facility for Electron Microscopy, RWTH AACHEN
- Dr. Pavel Cizek- Senior Research Academic, Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University VIC
- Dr Mike Matthews- AWE Reading UK, President European Microbeam Analysis Society
- Prof Tim White- School for Materials Science and Engineeering, Nanyany Technical University, Singapore
Commercialisation of Nanotechnology (including health and safety)
- Prof Paul McCormick - University of Western Australia, Australia
- Dr Kai Savolainen - Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, 'The aim of nanodevice was to develop instruments for NP detection in workplaces'
- Prof Wing Kam Liu - Northwestern University, USA, 'Design of Material Systems: Mechanics and Physics of the Archetype-Genome Exempla'
- Dr Laurent Joly, Institut Lumière Matière - Université Lyon 1, France, 'Optimizing flows in nanochannels: surface friction and entrance effects'
- Phillip Messersmith - Northwestern University, USA
- Dr Bruno de Geest - University of Ghent, Belgium, 'Synthetic vaccine nanocarriers mimicking structure and function of pathogens'.
- Asst. Professor Nathan Gianneschi - University of California, San Diego
Nanotechnology for Energy and Environment
- Prof David Pui - University of Minnesota, USA, 'Measurement of Air/Liquid/Surface-borne Nanoparticles in Support of Sustainable Nanotechnology'
- Prof Michel Van Hove - Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, 'Resolving chemical structure by atomic force microscopy'
- Seong-Ju Hwang - Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea, 'Highly efficient 2D nanosheet-based hybrid photocatalysts for visible light-induced H2 and O2 generation'
- Prof Junhua Li- School of Environment, Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Dr. Anita Hill- CSIRO, 'Energy and Environment Applications of Magnetic,Metal–Organic Framework Nanocomposites'.
- Lucia Romano - University of Catania, Italy, ‘Semiconductor metal oxide nanostructures for water applications’
- Nikhil Medhekar- Monash University, Victoria, 'Structure, electronic and chemical properties of graphene and related 2D materials'.
- Ajayan Vinu - AIBN University of Queensland, 'Highly Ordered Porous Films and their Application in Sensing'
- Eduard Arzt - INM Leibniz-Institute for New Materials, Germany, ‘Size effects in functional surfaces: from science to applications’
- Colin Raston- Flinders University, South Australia, ‘Vortex fluidic device’
- Jenny Wong-Leung- Australian National University, Canberra, ‘Understanding polarity driven issues and AlGaAs shell growth on core GaAs nanowires’.
- Paul Dastoor- Newcastle University, NSW, 'Solar Paint: A New Paradigm in Organic Photovoltaics'.
- Prof. Leigh Smith - University of Cincinnati, 'Quantum States and Dynamics in Semiconductor Nanowire Heterostructures'
- Dr. Christiane Höppener - University of Münster, 'Antenna-enhanced microscopy for Biological Applications'
- Prof. Andreas Fery- University of Bayreuth, 'Plasmonic supra-colloidal structures: From assembly principles to applications'
- Prof. David Norris - ETH Zurich, 'Thermal Plasmonics for Energy Conversion'
- Prof. Lorenzo Pavesi - Department of Physics, University of Trento, 'Silicon nanophotonics: a new twist to silicon photonics'
- Oezyilmaz Barbaros - National University of Singapore, 'Spin Hall Effect in Graphene'
- Heiner Linke - Lund, 'Novel thermoelectric transport phenomena in low-dimensional systems'
- Nitin Samarth - Penn State University, 'Interfacing Topological Insulators with Magnetism: A Path to 2D Spintronics'
- Ali Yazdani - Princeton University, 'Search for Majorana Fermions in Atomically Fabrication Nanowires'
- Amir Yacoby - Harvard University, 'Induced Superconductivity in the Quantum Spin Hall Edge'
- Dr. Scott Findlay - Monash University, 'Seeing the light (elements): robust bright field imaging in atomic resolution scanning transmission electron microscopy'
- Julie Cairney - Sydney University
- Professor Jin Zou - University of Queensland, 'Impact of Catalysts in the Epitaxial Growth of III-V Nanowires'
- Dr. Osamu Kamimura - Central Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd., 'Electron diffraction microscopy of carbon-based nano-materials'
- John Sader - University of Melbourne
- Albina Y. Borisevich - Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Javier Garcia De Abajo - Instituto de Quimica-Fisica "Rocasolano", 'Plasmons in atomically thin structures'
- Martin Hytch