IEEE Explore- Full Manuscripts
Full Manuscript Conference proceedings will be peer reviewed and published by the IEEE Publishing Company, for distribution to participants after the conference as well as posted on the IEEE Explore database. Like all other IEEE Conferences, proceedings and papers are accessible to the international community.
Upon acceptance of your abstract for the Conference program, you will be given a choice to publish your paper with IEEE publishing. All Papers must be compatible with IEEE PDF eXpress®. Please see below for more information regarding this.
Please use the template that your abstract is currently in, alternatively, please visit http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
to download a template.
The maximum length of the manuscripts is up to four pages long. Submission of full manuscripts to ICONN 2014 is optional. The extended deadline for submission of manuscripts is Monday 10 March 2014.
Full submitted manuscripts will undergo a rigorous review process (see below) and those accepted will be published on IEEE Explore. This is an ISI ranked e-published conference proceedings with copyright transfer to IEEE.
It is important to note that:
- Work submitted must not have been published previously. Authors should only submit original work that has neither appeared elsewhere for publication, nor which is under review for another refereed publication. Multiple publication is considered wasteful of funds and space, does not give members and libraries full value for their subscriptions, and causes citation and indexing confusion.
- ICONN recognises that it is common in technical publishing for material to be presented at various stages of its evolution. As one example, this can take the form of publishing early ideas in a workshop, more developed work in a conference and fully developed contributions as journal or transactions papers. This publication process is an important means of scientific communication. At the same time, however, the IEEE requires that this evolutionary process be fully referenced by the author.
- If the manuscript is a review paper, it is necessary to obtain and provide evidence of permission to use the material.
The above guidelines are based upon those set out by IEEE Explore. Further details about these guidelines are available at:
IEEE PDF eXpress
Once any corrections have been made to your paper and a final version has been prepared, it needs to be checked for compatibility with IEEE Xplore®. This can be done using IEEE PDF eXpress® website by following the instructions below. IEEE PDF eXpress® is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore®-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore® compatibility (PDF Check function). The final converted/checked PDF will be emailed back to you, so make sure the email address you provide is correct. Once you receive the converted/checked PDF, it should be submitted to the ACMM 23 & ICONN 2014 website as per the instructions below. In preparing your final paper, you are reminded to check the guidelines and requirements above.
The PDF eXpress® website is maintained via 24 hour online help (PDFSupport@ieee.org). Instructions for using the website are as follows:
Go to the PDF eXpress website – www.pdf-express.org and login
1.1. First time user
Click ‘New Users – Click here” Enter 33144X for the Conference ID, your email address, and choose a new password. Continue to enter information as prompted. Check that the contact information is still valid and click “Submit”. An Online Confirmation will be displayed, and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
1.2. Previous users, but using it the first time for a new conference
Enter 33144X for the Conference ID, your email address and enter the password you used for you old account (If you have forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot your password?” link and it will be emailed to you). When you click “Login”, you’ll receive an error saying you need to set up an account. Simply click “Continue”. By entering your previously used email address and password combination you will enable you old account for access to this new conference. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup
1.3. Returning user
Enter 33144X for the Conference ID, email address and password.
For each conference paper, click "Create New Title".Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required). Click “Submit PDF for Checking” or “Submit Source Files for Conversion”. Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click “Upload File”. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload. You will receive an email with you Checked PDF or IEEE PF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if you file passed or failed.
If the PDF submitted fails the PDF check, your options are:
Submit your source file for conversion by clicking “Try again”, then “Submit Source Files for Conversion”. Read the PDF Check report, then click “The PDF Check Report” in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions. “Request Technical Help” through your account. If you are not satisfied with the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF, your options are:
Resubmit your source file with corrections (“Try Again”, the “Submit Source Files for Conversion”). Submit a PDF by clicking “Try again” the “Submit PDF for Checking”. “Request a Manual Conversion” through your account.
If the PDF submitted passed the PDF Check, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF:
Submit your IEEE Xplore compatible PDF to the ACMM 23 & ICONN 2014 Speaker portal by clicking here. Go to the “Show Papers” tab along the top and click “Upload Final Paper”.
In submitting a paper to ACMM23 & ICONN 2014 authors are required to assign copyright ownership of the submitted work. The copyright form must be signed by one of the authors.
Please click here to download the copyright form in Microsoft Word format.
Please click here to dowload the copyright form in PDF format.
The IEEE copyright form should be downloaded, printed, signed and returned to:
All Occasions Group - ACMM23 & ICONN 2014
41 Anderson St,
THEBARTON, SA, 5031
Fax: +61 8 8125 2233
Authors must fill in :
- The paper title
- Complete list of authors
- IEEE conference title (2014 International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICONN)
- Sign and date
- Write their paper ID number on top of the form (the paper ID number is given next to the paper in the ACMM23 & ICONN 2014 Speaker portal)
Authors should take care to read the instructions on the form closely to ensure it is completed correctly. Authors must sign either:
section (1) only, for most papers
section (1) and (2) only, for papers by US-Government employees
section (1) and (3) only, for papers by Crown Government employees (UK, CAN, Aus)
The Call for Papers for ACMM 23 & ICONN 2014 is now closed.
A limited number of late breaking abstracts will be considered for poster presentation at ICONN2014 and ACMM23. The late breaking submission is limited to the most recent results that were not available at the time of the abstract submission deadline and has not yet been presented at any other meeting. The abstracts should be prepared in the same format as those submitted during the open submission process. All late breaking abstracts must be received electronically using the web-based submission. The committee strongly encourages late breaking submissions must highlight the significance to the conference themes. The late breaking submission deadline is yet to be announced.
Click here to access the Online Presenter Portal.
Click here to view the Presenter Portal Instructions to help you submit, edit and withdraw an abstract.
All papers are to be submitted electronically in accordance with the guidelines below.
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- The lodgement of this paper does not indicate automatic inclusion in the conference program.
- Paper receipt and acceptance will be acknowledged to the person submitting the paper.
- Further communication will be with the submitting author only unless otherwise directed.
- Check adherence to 'Submitted Paper Requirements' below.
- Once you have created your individual Presenter Account via the link to the Online Presenter Portal as above, please select the "Submit New Paper" link and follow the prompts to upload your paper.
- Please indicate if you wish for your paper to be accepted as an 'Oral Presentation' or displayed as a 'Poster'. Please note it is at the Committee's discretion which papers are accepted for Oral Presentation.
- You will be instructed to browse your computer and upload your paper as a Word document using the MS Word Template provided.
- The Presenter Portal will allow authors who have submitted a paper to review and/or update their paper anytime until 25 October.
- Detailed instructions on how to upload, edit and withdraw your paper submission can be found here.
KEY SUBMISSION DATES
|1 August 2013||Online submission opens|
|29 November 2013||Authors notified of acceptance|
|6 December 2013||Author and early bird registration deadline|
SUBMITTED PAPER REQUIREMENTS
Your two page extended abstract must be submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format using the template below, so that the conference book of abstracts can be generated automatically.
Please ensure your paper is carefully proofread before uploading.
Click here to download the MS word template.
Your paper should be written use the following formatting.
Please set the paper size to A4, single column and set the margins to be 2 cm all around. Do not use headers or footers.
Arial 16 pt font, bold and centred, 6pt space to next line.
Arial 12 pt font, centred, presenting author underlined, superscript for affiliation, 0 pt space to next line.
Arial 10pt font, centred, commence each affiliation on a new line, 0 pt space to next line.
Arial 12 pt font, title bold, abstract text to follow on directly after the title.
Body of paper
Arial 12 pt font, section titles bold, section text to follow on directly after section title, indent by 1cm the first line of subsequent paragraphs, and separate paragraphs and sections by 6 pt. Number sections using standard numbers, not Roman Numerals or alphabetic identification.
Equations should be generated using an appropriate typesetting package compatible with Microsoft Word.
Tables and Figures
Refer to tables or figures in the template text using the form Table 1 or Fig. 1 (i.e. capitalise the word Table or Figure and do not abbreviate "Table", but do abbreviate the word "Figure"). Tables and figures must be numbered and have descriptive captions. Use Arial 10pt font in tables, the figure and table captions should be Arial 10pt and indented 0.5 cm.
Arial 12 pt font, bold and left justified (Heading), and Arial 10 pt font, and left justified (Text).
Arial 12 pt font, bold and left justified.
Following the review of papers, authors will be notified via email of their paper acceptance no later than 29 November 2013.
Accepted Paper Requirements
- Each paper must have at least one author registered by the earlybird registration closing date, 6 December 2013.
- The author must register and be at the conference to present the submission either orally or by poster presentation.
- Please note that all conference costs, including registration fees, must be met from your own resources.
- Papers which do not meet these requirements will be withdrawn from the conference program.