The ACCE Leadership Forum has a long tradition of contributing to Australian computer education - leaders in Australian computer education meet every two years to develop a position on issues of concern to guide further improvements in Australia computer education.
The theme of the 2016 Leadership forum will be:
2016 Future Trends, Challenges, Technologies and Pedagogies
You are invited to join 150 of Australia’s leading educators and researchers in K12 computer education on the 29th of September 2016 from 8:30 (for 9am) - Noon at the Brisbane Convention centre, to explore the future of digital technologies in Australian schools. The 2016 forum will be facilitated by Dr Jason Zagami, ACCE Immediate Past President from Griffith University; and Samantha Becker, Senior Director of the New Media Consortium (NMC), publishers of the Horizon Reports.
There is no cost to participate in the forum as it is kindly supported by Digital Careers, and the Australian Council for Computers in Education (ACCE), but registration to the Leadership Forum is essential as space is limited.
During the forum you will take part in a three hour intensive research process using the Delphi method to develop a consensus of expert views:
- Overview of current K12 Horizon report outcomes;
- Framing of the Delphi research process;
- Initial round of discussion at your table using resource material and your pre-readings to explore the four focus points: Trends, Challenges, Technologies and Pedagogies.
- Reporting on first round of discussion and voting on the focus points;
- Each table sharing online (via Google Docs) their perspectives on the four focus points: Trends, Challenges, Technologies and Pedagogies.
- Each participant voting anonymously to generate a consensus.
- Second round of discussion on the vote result and points shared by other groups to refine these and present new or stronger views; and
- Reporting on second round of discussion and voting on focus points.
We will be exploring four focus points: Trends, Challenges, Technologies and Pedagogies.
Download the full details here